You go boy!
Well, I was very surprised to see that my school superintendent will be joining the ranks of my fellow bloggers. Dr. Clayton Wilcox, superintendent of Pinellas County Schools now mediates a blog site dedicated to helping communication between his office and our concerned parents. You can check out the site at http://www.sptimes.com/classroom. The St. Petersburg Times is giving him the space and editing out any dangerous or profane blogs but for the most part has promised to merely host the site for Dr. Wilcox. Dr. Wilcox is receiving no compensation for this and has apparently started the blog merely for the sake of better communication and sharing of information. I truly applaude his efforts. I think that we are seeing a new age in Pinellas County where open and clear lines of communication will be the rule. We have spent too many years wondering how and why something happened and finding out later that it was decided from above. Schools must attempt to operate completely in the open for the sake of our children and all stakeholders in the educational process. Heck, Dr. Wilcox even publishes all his email on the web and his responses. Check out this link, it makes for some pretty interesting reading. http://www.pinellas.k12.fl.us/Superintendent/email.html

1 Comments:
He is using it primarily to be open in communication and provide another way for residents to comment on the schools.
It's astute, and I hope it's part of a broader strategy to open up the Pinellas administration.
Post a Comment
<< Home