Sunday, April 24, 2005

T&C Looking Toward the Future

I believe that schools have come along way over the years. Schools districts do the best they can to distribute funds equally, schools are desegregated, mentally and physically challenged students are given the chance to learn in a regular classroom, and even though there are many people who may disagree, schools still produce so many intelligent, talented, and successful students.

One of the things I would like to see is less crowding of schools. Schools are so overjammed that they don't have enough teachers to fill all the classes, resources are spread so thin, and students have the freedom to do almost anything they please. I truly believe that if schools had fewer students, behavioral problems wouldn't exist quite so much and students could focus on their studies. This could just be wishful thinking but I do think it could impace school success.

On the other hand, so many people are quick to judge all the things that are wrong with schools that they tend to lose focus of the positive things that still exist in schools. There are still amazing teachers who do unbelievable things in their classrooms. Students still learn, which is the most important goal of all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home