Saturday, January 01, 2005

Intro video

Smaller versions of the course intro video are now available in a 14-MB full-screen version and a 6-MB quarter-screen version. Both should play fine in Microsoft Media Player. If you use a Mac and the file doesn't play immediately, try downloading Media Player for Mac OS.

For the technically minded, I found a plug-in to get picture-in-picture transition effects in the free MovieMaker software. Then, well, I ... um ... it took a while, but I didn't like using PowerPoint lectures online with Internet Explorer's ActiveX controls (which I understand are a security hazard). In any case, if any of you use MovieMaker, I thought I'd spread the word of the contributions of Rehan (no, I know no more information about this nice person who gives out effects to the world for free).

1 Comments:

At 11:23 AM, Blogger Sherman Dorn said...

I cannot view the video from home or work.Ow. I didn't see this comment until today. Have you had any more luck, at least at work? One techie question: do you use Mac or Windows? (You need to have Microsoft's Media Player to view the video. There is a version for Mac, but you do need it.)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home